The main objective of this course is for you to develop an expert understanding of the multidimensional challenges of management and governance of water resources. Collectively as a class and individually you will develop expertise in the Water Governance world by engaging with the core scientific literature, discussing and tackling real world problems and independent research activities.
By the end of this course you will have gained experience in:
- Interdisciplinary research on complex water-society relationships integrating political, economic, legal, technical and cultural modes of analysis
- Understanding principles and theories for water governance and
- Understanding implications of various water policy and governance interventions from diverse and diverging perspectives
- Debating water-governance issues on multiple scales: local, national and international
- Synthesizing and communicating your ideas and expertise orally and in written form